During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important to keep health and safety in mind. We’ve created a set of mandatory COVID-19 safety practices for guests and staff, based on guidance from the World Health Organization and BC Public Health. In addition, you should be familiar with general health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 safety, continue to monitor applicable government travel restrictions and advisories, and follow all national and local laws and guidelines.
Apex Mountain Lodge has introduced guidelines and programs to help address health and safety concerns, but these measures cannot eliminate all risk. Especially if you’re in a higher risk category (e.g. people above the age of 65 or people with pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease), we recommend obtaining professional guidance and taking extra precautions when you are making the decision to book a stay.
COVID-19 safety practices (required)
Wear a mask and practice social distancing when required by local laws and guidelines
When required by local laws or guidelines, all staff and guests must agree to:
• Wear a mask or face covering when interacting in person, while in shared common areas of the Lodge.
• Maintain 6 feet/2 meters of distance from each other at all times
5-step enhanced cleaning process
The 5-step cleaning process is a set of cleaning practices that we follow between guest stays, in addition to following local laws and guidelines.
Step 1: Prepare
• Ventilate the space before and during cleaning, when possible
• Use disinfectants approved by your local regulatory agencies for use against COVID-19
• Always read the directions and warnings on your cleaning products carefully
• Wash or disinfect your hands
Step 2: Clean
Cleaning is when you remove dust and dirt from surfaces, such as floors and countertops.
• Sweep, vacuum, dust, and/or mop areas before sanitizing
• Wash dishes and laundry at the highest heat setting possible
• Wipe down hard surfaces with soap and water
Step 3: Sanitize
Sanitizing is when you use chemicals to reduce the number of bacteria on surfaces such as doorknobs and TV remotes. Make sure to:
• Spray high-touch surfaces in each room with an approved disinfectant spray
• Let the disinfectant stand for the length of time specified on the product label
• Allow the surface to air-dry
Step 4: Check
• Refer to the best practices in each room-by-room checklist to make sure that all areas are cleaned and sanitized between each stay
• Share these best practices with your staff team and cleaning professionals
Step 5: Reset
To help prevent cross-contamination, it’s important to finish cleaning and sanitizing a room before replacing items for the next guest. Staff are to:
• Wash your hands before replacing guest supplies, linens, and cleaning kits
• Safely dispose of or wash cleaning supplies and protective gear
• Don’t re-enter a room once it’s been sanitized
• Clean your equipment between each turnover
Additional guidance for travelling during COVID-19
Don’t travel if you’ve recently been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19
To protect the health and safety of our community, it is our policy that staff, guests and all people who may be present at Apex Mountain Lodge before or during a stay should not enter the property or interact with guests, and guests should not check in to a listing if any of the following are true:
• You are actively infected or have tested positive with COVID-19 in the past 30 days
• You suspect you are sick or have been exposed and are awaiting test results to confirm or deny a diagnosis of COVID-19
• You are showing symptoms or are concerned about possible infection of COVID-19
• You’ve had close, sustained contact with an individual confirmed or suspected to be infected with COVID-19, within the last 14 days.
Wash your hands regularly
Be sure to wash your hands often, especially if you’re in contact with people outside your reservation and are touching surfaces and utensils in a shared space or a common area.
• Wash your hands properly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; cover your hands and rub them together until they feel dry
Follow your local laws or guidelines on masks and social distancing in common areas and shared spaces
When you are in a common area or shared space (as staff or guest), follow your local laws and guidelines for wearing a mask and social distancing from anyone who is not part of your reservation.
What to do if you test positive for COVID-19 during or after your stay
If you recently tested positive for COVID-19 or have started to feel any COVID-19 symptoms, consider informing anyone who may have been impacted or potentially exposed, in addition to relevant local health authorities.